Submitting an Article Online
This journal is currently closed for new submissions.
eGEMs has transitioned from a free-standing journal to a special section within the journal Healthcare: The Journal of Delivery Science and Innovation.
Submission Preparation Checklist
- The author(s) agree to the payment terms detailed on the journal website, which will be applied if this submission is accepted for publication by the journal. Any waiver request must be made at the time of submission via the Comments to the Editor (below). Unless a waiver is granted by the journal, in writing, then the author(s) accepts that an Article Processing Charge (APC) may be invoiced post-acceptance.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- Any third-party-owned materials used have been identified with appropriate credit lines, and permission obtained from the copyright holder for all formats of the journal.
- All authors qualify as authors, as per the authorship guidelines, and have given permission to be listed on the submitted paper.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal. Every effort has been made to ensure that author names are removed from the manuscript (following the instructions to ensure blind peer review).
- Tables are all cited in the main text and are included within the text document.
- Figures/images have a resolution of at least 150dpi (300dpi or above preferred). Each file is no more than 20MB per file. The files are in one of the following formats: JPG, TIFF, GIF, PNG, EPS (to maximise quality, the original source file is preferred).
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
The journal is now closed and not accepting new submissions.
eGEMs and AcademyHealth remain committed to open science, open access, and to keeping research and lessons learned accessible to the public. To make this possible now that the AHRQ grant that helped launch the journal has closed, we need to ask authors to pay an Article Processing Charge (APC).
The regular APC is $1,800 per accepted article, although this charge may be reduced under certain circumstances, as described below. A portion of the APC ($500) covers the publisher's costs -- technical checks, type-setting, indexing, archiving, DOI registration, web hosting, etc. -- while the remainder of the charge covers AcademyHealth's costs of manuscript preparation, editorial review, peer review administration, author correspondence, and dissemination activities.
Discounts and Waivers
Corresponding authors who are members of AcademyHealth are eligible for an APC discount of 30%. From time to time, eGEMs may also offer other discounts which may be combined.
eGEMs has a limited number of APC waivers available each year. If a corresponding author is unable to pay the full APC, he or she should contact the managing editor to discuss the potential for an APC waiver or discount.